Each and every day, Iâ€™ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writersâ€™ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
As always, make sure youâ€™re getting your daily fantasy baseball fix by playing theÂ FP911Challenge. Not sure how to play?
Before we get to todayâ€™s games, letâ€™s take a spin through last nightâ€™s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Sunday, July 8th.
5 Good Nights
- Andrew McCutchen:Â 3-4, 3 R, 2 HR, 4 RBI
- Neil Walker:Â 5-5, 4 R, HR, 2 RBI
- Ian Desmond: 2-4, R, HR, 2 RBI, 2 steals
- Bartolo Colon:Â 8.2 IP, 7 H, ER, 5 K’s, W
- Ivan Nova:Â 6.0 IP, 6 H, ER, 10 K’s, W
Honorable Mention: Alex Rios,Â Paul Goldschmidt, Andruw Jones, Rajai Davis, Hanley Ramirez, Ryan Braun, Roger Bernadina, Bryce Harper, Jay Bruce, Rafael Furcal, Starlin Castro, Colby Rasmus, Jason Pridie, Casey Kotchman, Prince Fielder, Austin Kearns, Jhonny Peralta, Michael Young, Rickie Weeks, Justin Upton, Felix Hernandez, Jair Jurrjens, Max Scherzer, Jordan Zimmerman, Cole De Vries, Jordan Lyles, A.J. Burnett, Jeremy Guthrie, Anibal Sanchez, Joe Kelly, Trevor Bauer, Roy Oswalt, Johnny Cueto, Ryan Dempster, Zach McAllister, Brad Mills
5 Bad Nights
- Heath Bell:Â 0.2 IP, 3 H, 3 ER, 2 BB’s, K
- Tim Lincecum:Â 3.1 IP, 7 H, 6 ER, BB, 3 K’s
- Chris Perez: 1.0 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 3 K’s
- Josh Hamilton: 0-5
- B.J. Upton:Â 0-5
Dishonorable Mention:Â Brandon Inge, Asdrubal Cabrera, Brandon Moss, Ben Revere, Jonathon Niese, Â Dylan Axelrod, Brett Cecil, Wei-Yin Chen, Everett Teaford, Chris Capuano, Zack Greinke, Tyler Clippard, Jon Lester, James Shields
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- Heath Bell allowed a run for the third time in five games, and while the Marlins have committed too much money to pull the plug completely, I’d have to think it’s a smart move for saves-needy owners to grab Steve Cishek.
- Andrew Ethier (oblique) is scheduled to begin a rehab assignment Wednesday before he joins the Dodgers’ lineup on Friday.
- As long as Matt KempÂ (hamstring) doesn’t injure himself in a rehab assignment or during the Home Run Derby (I still don’t know why he’s taking part in that), he will also rejoin the Dodgers on Friday.
- C.C. Sabathia (groin) is progressing well in his rehab and is targeting a July 17th return to the Yankees’ rotation.
- Hanley Ramirez left yesterday’s game after hurting his hand punching a fan in the dugout, but he is expected to be ready for action when the season resumes Friday.
- Trout/Harper/Rizzo/BauerÂ Watch:Â With two of baseballâ€™s best prospects being called-up earlier this season, Iâ€™m going to dedicate this space to keeping tabs on the youngsters. Hereâ€™s to hoping that you were able to grab some of them! (UPDATE:Â Anthony Rizzo and Trevor Bauer are the latest uber prospects to get the call, so I’ve added them to the list, as well.)
Bryce Harper: Harper went 1-4 with two steals yesterday. (.282, 43 R, 8 HR, 25 RBI, 10 steals on the season).
Mike Trout: Trout went 1-4 with one run, one home run, and one RBI yesterday. Â (.341, 57 Runs, 12 HR, 40 RBI, 26 steals on the season).
Anthony Rizzo:Â Rizzo went 0-4 yesterday. (.354, 7 R, 4 HR, 9 RBI on the season).
Trevor Bauer:Â Bauer looked good (albeit against the Dodgers’ AAA-style lineup) Sunday, allowing no runs on two hits in six innings (and picking up the win in the process). (1-1, 5.40 ERA, 1.58 WHIP, 13 K’s on the season)
We’ve hit the All-Star Break, which means sou’ll have to somehow get by without your daily nose of yours truly for a couple days. In the meantime, check out some of the latest content on FantasyPros911:
- Patrick DiCaprio brings you the latest Closer Identifier Algorithm results. If you haven’t check out CIA before, your relief situation is hating you for it.
- Chuck Anderson takes a look at a Position Battle in the Milwaukee Brewers’ outfield and how it affects your fantasy team.
- Matthew Dewoskin examines pitchers’ left on base percentages and identifies the Leaders and Laggards.
- Collin Hager previews this week’s hitting matchups in the latest edition of Hit or Ditch.
- It’s never too early to start getting ready for Fantasy Football season with Paul Greco’s pre-season rankings, includingÂ Quarterback,Â Running Back,Â Wide Receiver,Â Tight End, andÂ Strength of Schedule.