Each and every day, Iâ€™ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writersâ€™ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
As always, make sure youâ€™re getting your daily fantasy sports fix by playing theÂ FP911Challenge!
Before we get to todayâ€™s games, letâ€™s take a spin through last nightâ€™s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Thursday, June 7th.
5 Good Nights
- David Freese:Â 2-5, 2 R, 2 HR, 6 RBI
- Clay Buchholz:Â 9.0 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 6 K’s, W
- Jason Heyward:Â 2-4, 2 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI
- Norichika Aoki:Â 3-5, 3 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI
- Ryan Ludwick:Â 2-5, 2 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI
Honorable Mention: Cliff Pennington, Coco Crisp, Angel Pagan, Alex Rios, Martin Prado, Michael Bourn, Rafael Furcal, Shane Robinson, Ryan Theriot, Adrian Gonzalez, Jay Bruce, R.A. Dickey, Matt Cain, C.C. Sabathia, Brandon McCarthy, Randy Wolf, David Price, Lance Lynn, Mike Minor, Matt Garza, Mark Buehrle
5 Bad Nights
- Brian Matusz:Â 2.0 IP, 4 H, 4 Â ER, 5 BB’s, 0 K’s
- Derek Lowe:Â 5.0 IP, 9 H, 7 ER, BB, 4 K’s
- Yu Darvish: 5.1 IP, 6 H, 6 ER, 6 BB’s, 4 K’s
- Starlin Castro: 0-5
- Curtis Granderson:Â 0-5
Dishonorable Mention:Â Cameron Maybin, Darwin Barney, Todd Frazier, Jesus Guzman, Juan Pierre, Chris Heisey, Alex Castellanos, James Russell, Francisco Rodriguez, Steve Cishek, J.A. Happ
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- Santiago Casilla (bruised tibia) returned to the Giants last night and pitched one-and-a-third innings for his 15th save of the year. He’s still not fully-healed, according to the Giants’ trainers, but he looks safe to deploy going forward.
- Clayton Kershaw is dealing with plantar fasciitis (which can be a VERY tricky injury), and while it’s not expected to cause him to miss time, it might be time to look to sell-high on Kershaw.
- Trout/HarperÂ Watch:Â With two of baseballâ€™s best prospects being called-up last month, Iâ€™m going to dedicate this space to keeping tabs on the youngsters for the near future. Hereâ€™s to hoping that you were able to grab one (or both)!
Bryce Harper: Harper went 0-4 yesterday. (.276, 23 R, 5 HR, 14 RBI, 3 steals on the season).
Mike Trout: The Angels did not play yesterday (.329, 25 Runs, 5 HR, 22 RBI, 9 steals on the season).
A quick look at some of todayâ€™s pitchers to start (3 Up), pitchers to sit (3 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing Darts), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses).
Daniel HudsonÂ vs. Oakland Athletics
Shaun MarcumÂ vs. San Diego Padres
Stephen StrasburgÂ at Boston Red Sox
C.J. WilsonÂ at Colorado Rockies
Wandy RodriguezÂ at Chicago White Sox
Barry ZitoÂ vs. Texas Rangers
Matt HarrisonÂ at San Francisco Giants
Erik BedardÂ vs. Kansas City Royals
Felix DoubrontÂ vs. Washington Nationals
Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses
- Derek JeterÂ is 15-for-33 (.486) with one home run in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Johan Santana.
- Adam DunnÂ is 10-for-23 (.435) with two home runs in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Wandy Rodriguez.
- David WrightÂ is 6-for-14 (.429) in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Hiroki Kuroda.
- Marco ScutaroÂ is 2-for-21 (.095) in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â C.J. Wilson.
- Curtis GrandersonÂ is 1-for-15 (.067)Â in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Johan Santana.
- B.J. UptonÂ is 1-for-10 (.100) in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Ricky Nolasco.
Donâ€™t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- Albert Lang previews today’s starting pitchers in today’s edition ofÂ Pitch or Ditch.
- Collin Hager invented his own system for analyzing a player’s fantasy value, and his HVaC rankings are always a must-read in my book.
- Chuck Anderson brings you a look at a Position Battle going on in left field for the Philadelphia Phillies.
- This season has had an abundance of closer news, and Matthew Dewoskin is here to give you the latest in this week’s BlownÂ Opportunities.
- Albert Lang tells you why streaks matter in this week’sÂ Hot N Cold Fantasy Baseball All-Stars.
- Don’t missÂ today’s editionÂ of Lenny Melnick’s award-winning podcast where he recaps yesterday’s action and spends some extra time talking about a Road Trip?!
- Make sure you check out Editor-in-Chief, Patrick DiCaprio, and the rest of the crew on this week‘s Fantasy Baseball Roundtable Show!
- It’s only June, but it’s never too early for fantasy football! Take a look at Paul Greco’s pre-season rankings, includingÂ Quarterback,Â Running Back,Â Wide Receiver,Â Tight End, andÂ Strength of Schedule.