Each and every day, Iâ€™ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writersâ€™ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
As always, make sure youâ€™re getting your daily fantasy sports fix by playing theÂ FP911Challenge!
Before we get to todayâ€™s games, letâ€™s take a spin through last nightâ€™s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Tuesday, June 5th.
5 Good Nights
- Tim Hudson: 9.0 IP, 5 H, 0 ER, 3 K’s, W
- Andy Pettitte:Â 7.2 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 10 K’s, W
- Colby Rasmus:Â 5-5, 4 R, HR, 3 RBI
- Dan Uggla:Â 4-5, 3 R, 2 HR, 5 RBI
- Mark Trumbo:Â 4-4, 2 R, 2 HR, 4 RBI
Honorable Mention:Â Carlos Quentin, Jason Kubel, Jose Altuve, Gerardo Parra, Scott Hairston, Neil Walker, Russell Martin, Alfonso Soriano, Clint Barmes, Ryan Theriot, Ian Desmond, Matt Adams, Andrelton Simmons, David Cooper, A.J. Pierzynski, Aaron Hill, Ian Kinsler, Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Jason Heyward, Michael Saunders, Ian Kennedy, Ryan Dempster, Bruce Chen, Ryan Dempster, Cliff Lee, Chad Billingsley, Garrett Richards, Ricky Romero, Ubaldo Jimenez, Francisco Liriano, Jon Lester, Jason Hammel, Jordan Zimmerman, Chris Young
5 Bad Nights
- Jaime Garcia:Â 2.0 IP, 5 H, 6 Â ER, 2 BB’s, 2 K’s
- Jeremy Guthrie:Â 3.1 IP, 11 H, 7 ER, 2 BB’s, 4 K’s
- Homer Bailey: 3.0 IP, 8 H, 6 ER, 2 BB’s, 2 K’s
- Adam LaRoche: 0-6
- Daniel Murphy:Â 0-6
Dishonorable Mention:Â Kevin Youkilis, Adrian Gonzalez, Derek Jeter, Brandon Phillips, Jose Constanza, Brett Myers, Blake Beaven, Anibal Sanchez, Travis Blackley, Zach Stewart, Brian Fuentes, James Shields, Jim Johnson, Philip Humber, Chris Perez, Alfredo Aceves, Yovani Gallardo, Guillermo Moscoso, Anthony Bass, Tim Lincecum, Drew Smyly
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- Lance Berkman (knee) is targeting a late July return as he recovers from surgery two weeks ago. Late July can easily turn into early August, so I wouldn’t bother owning Berkman unless you have a free DL spot for him.
- Daniel Bard was sent down to the minors to work on his control, so there’s no need keeping him on your rosters at this point (not that he was very useful anyway).
- Trout/HarperÂ Watch:Â With two of baseballâ€™s best prospects being called-up last month, Iâ€™m going to dedicate this space to keeping tabs on the youngsters for the near future. Hereâ€™s to hoping that you were able to grab one (or both)!
Bryce Harper: Harper went 2-7 with 2 RBI yesterday. (.288, 22 R, 5 HR, 14 RBI, 2 steals on the season).
Mike Trout: Trout went 0-3 yesterday (.331, 24 Runs, 5 HR, 22 RBI, 9 steals on the season).
A quick look at some of todayâ€™s pitchers to start (3 Up), pitchers to sit (3 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing Darts), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses).
Madison BumgarnerÂ at San Diego Padres
Zack Greinke vs. Chicago Cubs
Josh JohnsonÂ vs. Atlanta Braves
Ivan NovaÂ vs. Tampa Bay Rays
Wei-Yin ChenÂ at Boston Red Sox
Bartolo ColonÂ vs. Texas Rangers
Felipe PaulinoÂ vs. Minnesota Twins
Jerome WilliamsÂ vs. Seattle Mariners
Edwin JacksonÂ vs. New York Mets
Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses
- Andre EthierÂ is 5-for-13 (.385) with two home runs in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Kyle Kendrick.
- Shin-Soo ChooÂ is 8-for-14 (.571) with one home run in his career against todayâ€™s starter, Max Scherzer.
- Corey HartÂ is 15-for-46 (.325) with three home runs in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Paul Maholm.
- B.J. UptonÂ Â is 2-for-13 (.154) in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Ivan Nova.
- Alex RiosÂ is 2-for-12 (.167)Â in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Brandon Morrow.
- Martin Prado is 6-for-27 (.222) in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Josh Johnson.
Donâ€™t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- Collin Hager previews today’s starting pitchers in today’s edition ofÂ Pitch or Ditch.
- Chuck Anderson focuses on players to target for strikeouts inÂ this week’s edition of Added and Dropped.
- Matthew Dewoskin takes a look at a very important ratio in the latestÂ Leaders and Laggards: K/9 Edition.
- Patrick DiCaprio’s Closer Identifier Algorithm is always a MUST-READ for anyone chasing saves, andÂ this week’s Results EditionÂ is no different.
- Don’t missÂ today’s editionÂ of Lenny Melnick’s award-winning podcast where he recaps yesterday’s action and spends some extra time devoted to Homer Bailey and Colby Rasmus.
- Make sure you check out Editor-in-Chief, Patrick DiCaprio, and the rest of the crew on tonight’s Fantasy Baseball Roundtable Show at 9 PM (Eastern).
- It’s only June, but it’s never too early for fantasy football! Take a look at Paul Greco’s pre-season rankings, includingÂ Quarterback,Â Running Back,Â Wide Receiver,Â Tight End, andÂ Strength of Schedule.