Each and every day, Iâ€™ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writersâ€™ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
As always, make sure youâ€™re getting your daily fantasy sports fix by playing theÂ FP911Challenge! Don’t know how to play? Dan Stack’s got you covered with aÂ quick tutorial and some tips for Week 9.
Before we get to todayâ€™s games, letâ€™s take a spin through last nightâ€™s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Sunday, June 3rd.
5 Good Nights
- Trevor Cahill:Â 9.0 IP, 6 H, 0 ER, 5 K’s, W
- Phil Hughes:Â 9.0Â IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 8 K’s, W
- Barry Zito:Â 8.1Â IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 5 K’s, W
- Chris Sale:Â 9.0 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 8 K’s, W
- Kirk Nieuwenhuis:Â 3-5, 2 R, HR, 3 RBI
Honorable Mention: Jose Bautista,Â Zack Cozart, Matt Wieters, Elvis Andrus, Mark Reynolds, Andrew McCutchen, Clint Barmes, B.J. Upton, Jose Reyes, Andres Torres, Nick Punto, Scott Diamond, Jonathon Niese, Carlos Zambrano, Tommy Hanson, Travis Wood, Jordan Lyles, Drew Hutchison, Tommy Milone, Alex White, James McDonald, Matt Moore, Vin Mazzaro, Nate Eovaldi
5 Bad Nights
- Daniel Bard:Â 1.2 IP, H, 5 ER, 6 BB’s, 2 K’s
- Kevin Millwood:Â 4.0 IP, 7 H, 4 ER, 5 BB’s, 4 K’s
- Jake Westbrook: 5.0 IP, 9 H, 5 ER, 2 BB’s, 2 K’s
- Rafael Furcal: 0-5
- Freddie Freeman:Â 0-5
Dishonorable Mention:Â Endy Chavez, Norichika Aoki, James Russell, Joel Hanrahan, John Axford, Joe Blanton, Michael Fiers, Bronson Arroyo, Eric Stults, Jake Arrieta, Gio Gonzalez
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- Sergio Romo picked up his second save is as many days yesterday as Santiago Casilla continues to nurse a bruised tibia. Casilla should be fine to return to action today, but Romo is worth a look for those in desperate need of saves.
- Desmond Jennings (knee) hasn’t experienced any setbacks in his rehab and is due to hit leadoff when the Rays face the Yankees tomorrow.
- An MRI on Adam Jones‘ wrist came back negative, so his owners can breathe a sigh of relief there. It’s still uncertain as to how much time Jones will miss (and a DL-stint isn’t out of the realm of possibilities), but the MRI results are a step in the right direction.
- Huston Street (lat) is set to return Tuesday and will immediately take over closing duties from the struggling Dale Thayer.
- Trout/HarperÂ Watch:Â With two of baseballâ€™s best prospects being called-up recently, Iâ€™m going to dedicate this space to keeping tabs on the youngsters for the near future. Hereâ€™s to hoping that you were able to grab one (or both)!
Bryce Harper: Harper went 2-3 with a run, a home run, and one RBI yesterday. (.288, 22 R, 5 HR, 12 RBI, 2 steals on the season).
Mike Trout: Trout went 2-5 with one RBI yesterday (.318, 23 Runs, 5 HR, 20 RBI, 9 steals on the season).
A quick look at some of todayâ€™s pitchers to start (3 Up), pitchers to sit (3 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing Darts), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses).
Clayton KershawÂ at Philadelphia Phillies
Jeff SamardzijaÂ at San Francisco Giants
Ryan VogelsongÂ vs. Chicago Cubs
Jarrod ParkerÂ vs. Texas Rangers
Vance WorleyÂ vs. Los Angeles Dodgers
Joe SaundersÂ vs. Colorado Rockies
Ervin SantanaÂ vs. Seattle Mariners
Dillon GeeÂ vs. St. Louis Cardinals
Scott FeldmanÂ at Oakland A’s
Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses
- David WrightÂ is 9-for-19 (.474) with two home runs in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Kyle Lohse.
- Alfonso SorianoÂ is 4-for-9 (.444) with a home run in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Ryan Vogelson.
- Justin SmoakÂ is 5-for-13 (.385) with a home run in his career against todayâ€™s starter, Ervin Santana.
- Dexter FowlerÂ is 2-for-18 (.111) in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Joe Saunders.
- Shane VictorinoÂ is 2-for-11 (.182)Â in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Clayton Kershaw.
- Erick AybarÂ is 6-for-30 (.200)Â in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Jason Vargas.
Donâ€™t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- Patrick DiCaprio previews today’s starting pitchers in today’s edition ofÂ Pitch or Ditch.
- Matthew Dewoskin takes a look at a very important ratio in the latest Leaders and Laggards: K/9 Edition.
- Patrick DiCaprio’s Closer Identifier Algorithm is always a MUST-READ for anyone chasing saves, and this week’s Results Edition is no different.
- Don’t miss today’s edition of Lenny Melnick’s award-winning podcast where he recaps yesterday’s action and spends some extra time devoted to Kevin Youkilis and Daniel Bard.
- It’s only June, but it’s never too early for fantasy football! Take a look at Paul Greco’s pre-season rankings, includingÂ Quarterback,Â Running Back,Â Wide Receiver,Â Tight End, andÂ Strength of Schedule.