Each and every day, Iâ€™ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writersâ€™ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
As always, make sure youâ€™re getting your daily fantasy sports fix by playing theÂ FP911Challenge.
Before we get to todayâ€™s games, letâ€™s take a spin through last nightâ€™s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Friday, June 29th.
5 Good Nights
- R.A. Dickey:Â 8.0 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 10 K’s, W
- Aaron Cook:Â 9.0 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 2 K’s, W
- A.J. Pierzynski:Â 3-5, 2 R, 2 HR, 3 RBI
- Adam Lind:Â 2-3, 2 R, 2 HR, 4 RBI
- Desmond Jennings:Â 2-4, 2 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI
Honorable Mention:Â Aaron Hill, Mike Morse, Ben Zobrist, Daniel Murphy, Pedro Alvarez, Andrew McCutchen, Alexei Ramirez, Jay Bruce, Matt Wieters, Allen Craig, Paul Goldschmidt, Ruben Tejada, Paul Maholm, Mike Leake, Luis Mendoza, Matt Harrison, Ian Kennedy, David Price, Josh Johnson, Jeff Francis, A.J. Griffin
5 Bad Nights
- Adam Warren:Â 2.1 IP, 8 H, 6 ER, 2 BB’s, K
- Jonathan Broxton:Â 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, BB
- Randy Wolf:Â 4.0 IP, 9 H, 7 ER, 6 K’s
- Chris Young: 0-5
- Colby Rasmus:Â 0-5
Dishonorable Mention:Â Mike Moustakas, Brett Lawrie, Andres Torres, Rod Barajas, Adam LaRoche, J.J. Hardy, Adam Wainwright, Jake Arrieta, Cliff Lee, Ervin Santana, Kevin Correia, Hector Noesi, Jose Quintana, Jason Marquis, Derek Lowe, Matt Cain, Brian Duensing, Aaron Harang, Justin Verlander, Bud Norris
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- Josh Beckett (shoulder) will make his first start tonight (against Seattle) since being placed on the DL two weeks ago, and the Red Sox don’t expect to limit him on a pitch count.
- Jeremy Hellickson (shoulder) will also make his first start tonight (against Detroit) since being placed on the DL two weeks ago.
- Evan Longoria (hamstring) is still shut down from baseball activities, and his owners should be prepared for a prolonged absence with statements like this from manager Joe Maddon, “I don’t think we’re going to see a whole lot of advancement right now in the near future.”
- Kyle Farnsworth is set to be activated from the DL today, but Fernando RodneyÂ (who has been excellent this season) will remain the Rays’ closer.
- Chris CarpenterÂ threw yesterday, but has also been diagnosed with thoracic outlet syndrome (which causes weakness, numbness, and pain in the neck and shoulder), and his chances of returning this season look to dwindle by the day.
- Trout/Harper/Rizzo/BauerÂ Watch:Â With two of baseballâ€™s best prospects being called-up earlier this season, Iâ€™m going to dedicate this space to keeping tabs on the youngsters. Hereâ€™s to hoping that you were able to grab some of them! (UPDATE:Â Anthony Rizzo and Trevor Bauer are the latest uber prospects to get the call, so I’ve added them to the list, as well.)
Bryce Harper: Harper went 1-5 yesterday. (.280, 36 R, 8 HR, 22 RBI, 8 steals on the season).
Mike Trout: Trout went 1-5 with one steal yesterday. Â (.342, 48 Runs, 8 HR, 32 RBI, 22 steals on the season).
Anthony Rizzo:Â Rizzo went 0-3 yesterday. (.273, 1 RBI on the season).
Trevor Bauer:Â Bauer’s next start is Tuesday against the Padres. (0-0, 4.50 ERA, 2.00 WHIP, 3 K’s)
A quick look at some of todayâ€™s pitchers to start (3 Up), pitchers to sit (3 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing Darts), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses).
Cole HamelsÂ at Miami Marlins
Stephen StrasburgÂ at Atlanta Braves
Mat LatosÂ at San Francisco Giants
Edinson VolquezÂ at Colorado Rockies
Mike MinorÂ vs. Washington Nationals
Tommy MiloneÂ at Texas Rangers
Mark BuehrleÂ vs. Philadelphia Phillies
J.A. HappÂ at Chicago Cubs
Luke HochevarÂ atÂ Minnesota Twins
Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses
- Dan UgglaÂ is 6-for-11 (.545) with two home runs in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Stephen Strasburg.
- Adam JonesÂ is 4-for-8 (.500) one home run in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Josh Tomlin.
- Jose ReyesÂ is 16-for-45 (.356) with four extra-base hits in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Cole Hamels.
- Justin SmoakÂ is hitless in his career (eight at-bats) against todayâ€™s starter,Â Josh Beckett.
- Justin MorneauÂ is 2-for-11 (.182) in his career against todayâ€™s starter, Luke Hochevar.
- Angel PaganÂ is 2-for-12 (.167)Â in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Mat Latos.
Donâ€™t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- Albert Lang’s weeklyÂ Hot N Cold Fantasy Baseball All-starsÂ is always one of my favorite reads…don’t miss it!
- Editor-in-Chief, Patrick DiCaprio, and his patentedÂ Closer Identifier AlgorithmÂ are back to help keep you one step ahead of the curve when it comes to predicted closers!
- It’s only June, but it’s never too early for fantasy football! Take a look at Paul Greco’s pre-season rankings, includingÂ Quarterback,Â Running Back,Â Wide Receiver,Â Tight End, andÂ Strength of Schedule.