Each and every day, Iâ€™ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writersâ€™ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
As always, make sure youâ€™re getting your daily fantasy sports fix by playing theÂ FP911Challenge.
Before we get to todayâ€™s games, letâ€™s take a spin through last nightâ€™s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Thursday, June 28th.
5 Good Nights
- Madison Bumgarner:Â 9.0 IP, H, 0 ER, 8 K’s, W
- Felix Hernandez:Â 9.0 IP, 5 H, 0 ER, 13 K’s, W
- Miguel Cabrera:Â 4-5, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Ian Kinsler:Â 4-5, 3 R, 2 Â steals
- Tyler Colvin:Â 4-6, R, HR, 5 RBI
Honorable Mention:Â Johnny Damon, Alexi Amarista, Jose Bautista, Mike Morse, Asdrubal Cabrera, Mark Trumbo, Casey, McGehee, Dayan Viciedo, J.J. Hardy, David Wright, Jeff Mathis, Coco Crisp, Alejandro De Aza, Carlos Gonzalez, Chase Headley, Derek Norris, Austin Jackson, Yoenis Cespedes, Ivan Nova, Franklin Morales, Andrew Cashner, Dallas Keuchel, Max Scherzer, Johnny Cueto, Chris Young, Dylan Axelrod, Chris Capuano
5 Bad Nights
- Edwin Jackson:Â 3.0 IP, 10 H, 8 ER, 2 BB’s, 5 K’s
- Josh Outman:Â 3.0 IP, 5 H, 5 ER, BB, 4 K’s
- Brett Cecil:Â 5.1 IP, 10 H, 8 ER, 2 BB’s, 6 K’s
- Torii Hunter: 0-5
- Andrew McCutchen:Â 0-5
Dishonorable Mention:Â Jemile Weeks, Logan Forsythe, Brett Myers, Tyson Ross, Rafael Betancourt, Dan Haren, Wei-Yin Chen, Scott Feldman, Kyle Kendrick
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- After missing Wednesday’s game with a sore elbow,Â Ryan BraunÂ will return to the Brewers’ lineup tonight.
- Ryan DempsterÂ (strained lat) won’t return until after the All-Star break “at the earliest”, according to Cubs’ managerÂ Dale Sveum.Â
- Andre EthierÂ (strained oblique) will not be placed on the disabled list (yet) and is currently listed as day-to-day.
- Trevor BauerÂ was bothered by a groin issue in his Major League debut last night, but is still on-track for his next start against San Diego next Tuesday.
- Ryan Howard (achilles) began a rehab assignment last night and is reportedly three weeks away from returning to the Phillies lineup (assuming he doesn’t experience any setbacks).
- Trout/Harper/Rizzo/BauerÂ Watch:Â With two of baseballâ€™s best prospects being called-up earlier this season, Iâ€™m going to dedicate this space to keeping tabs on the youngsters. Hereâ€™s to hoping that you were able to grab some of them! (UPDATE:Â Anthony Rizzo and Trevor Bauer are the latest uber prospects to get the call, so I’ve added them to the list, as well.)
Bryce Harper: Harper went 2-6 with two runs, one home run, and two RBI yesterday. (.282, 36 R, 8 HR, 22 RBI, 8 steals on the season).
Mike Trout: Trout went 2-5 with one run, one home run, and two RBIÂ yesterday. Â (.345, 48 Runs, 8 HR, 32 RBI, 21 steals on the season).
Anthony Rizzo:Â The Cubs did not play yesterday. (.375, 1 RBI on the season).
Trevor Bauer:Â Bauer pitched four innings yesterday and allowed five hits and two earned runs while striking out three to go along with three walks (0-0, 4.50 ERA, 2.00 WHIP, 3 K’s)
A quick look at some of todayâ€™s pitchers to start (3 Up), pitchers to sit (3 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing Darts), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses).
Cole HamelsÂ at Miami Marlins
Justin VerlanderÂ at Tampa Bay Rays
R.A. DickeyÂ at Los Angeles Dodgers
Edinson VolquezÂ at Colorado Rockies
Randy WolfÂ at Arizona Diamondbacks
Ervin SantanaÂ at Toronto Blue Jays
Matt HarrisonÂ vs. Oakland A’s
Mike LeakeÂ at San Francisco Giants
Randall DelgadoÂ atÂ Washington Nationals
Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses
- B.J. UptonÂ is 8-for-18 (.444) with one home run in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Justin Verlander.
- Andrew McCutchenÂ is 7-for-18 (.389) with three extra-base hits in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Adam Wainwright.
- Jose ReyesÂ is 16-for-45 (.356) with four extra-base hits in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Cole Hamels.
- Jhonny PeraltaÂ is hitless in his career (11 at-bats) against todayâ€™s starter,Â David Price.
- Ben ZobristÂ is 3-for-26 (.115) in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Justin Verlander.
- Miguel CabreraÂ is 1-for-11 (.091)Â in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â David Price.
Donâ€™t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- Albert Lang takes a look at today’s starting pitching matchups in the latest edition ofÂ Pitch or Ditch.
- Albert Lang’s weeklyÂ Hot N Cold Fantasy Baseball All-starsÂ is always one of my favorite reads…don’t miss it!
- Editor-in-Chief, Patrick DiCaprio, and his patentedÂ Closer Identifier AlgorithmÂ are back to help keep you one step ahead of the curve when it comes to predicted closers!
- Just in case you’ve been hiding under a rock, Roy Oswalt is back. Chuck Anderson takes a look at the Rangers’ new pitcher, as well as some other players to grab or kick to the curb in this week’sÂ Added and Dropped.
- Don’t miss Lenny Melnick onÂ today’s podcastÂ as he covers Dan Haren and a whole lot more fantasy baseball goodness!
- It’s only June, but it’s never too early for fantasy football! Take a look at Paul Greco’s pre-season rankings, includingÂ Quarterback,Â Running Back,Â Wide Receiver,Â Tight End, andÂ Strength of Schedule.