Each and every day, Iâ€™ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writersâ€™ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
As always, make sure youâ€™re getting your daily fantasy sports fix by playing theÂ FP911Challenge.Â Don’t know how to play? Don’t worry, Dan Stack’s got you covered with aÂ quick tutorial and some tips for this week!
Before we get to todayâ€™s games, letâ€™s take a spin through last nightâ€™s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Tuesday, June 26th.
5 Good Nights
- Adam LaRoche:Â 2-4, 3 R, 2 HR, 3 RBI
- Alex Rios:Â 2-4, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI, 1 steal
- Prince Fielder:Â 2-4, R, HR, 4 RBI
- Phil Hughes:Â 8.0 IP, 6 H, 0 ER, 4 K’s, W
- Gavin Floyd:Â 7.0 IP, 5 H, 0 ER, 9 K’s, W
Honorable Mention:Â Drew Stubbs, Mike Morse, Yadier Molina, Jose Lopez, Jay Bruce, Jeff Francoeur, Tyler Moore, Ryan Zimmerman, Michael McKenry, Carlos Ruiz, John Hester, Ian Desmond, Freddie Freeman, Jed Lowrie, Ian Kinsler, Ryan Vogelsong, Bruce Chen, Kyle Lohse, Bronson Arroyo, Tim Hudson, C.J. Wilson, Carlos Zambrano, Travis Blackley, Jason Vargas, Jordan Lyles, Aaron Laffey, Clayton Kershaw, Daisuke Matsuzaka
5 Bad Nights
- Daniel Hudson:Â 1.2 IP, 7 H, 5 ER, 3 K’s
- Drew Smyly:Â 4.2 IP, 8 H, 6 ER, 2 BB’s, 3 K’s
- Randy Wells:Â 3.0 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 4 BB’s, 3 K’s
- J.J. Hardy: 0-5
- Danny Espinosa:Â 1-6
Dishonorable Mention:Â Addison Reed, Mike Adams, Brian Matusz, John Axford, Christian Friedrich, Dillon Gee, Erik Bedard, Justin Masterson
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- C.C. Sabathia was placed on the 15-day DL today with a muscle strain in his adductor muscle near his left left. He’s expected to miss two starts and then return after the All-Star break.
- Colby Lewis was placed on the 15-day DL yesterday with forearm tightness and is expected to be available after the All-Star break.
- Ryan Braun will be out of the lineup today with soreness in his left elbow after being hit by a pitch last night. The Brewers have an off-day tomorrow, so let’s cross our fingers that he’s fine by Friday’s game.
- Jacoby EllsburyÂ (shoulder) is on-track to begin a rehab assignment Friday that would have a 20-game limit. As long as he doesn’t experience any setbacks, this would put Ellsbury back in the Red Sox’ lineup (and fantasy owners’ lineups) by mid-July.
- Josh Beckett (shoulder) is set to come off the disabled list and start against the Mariners this Saturday. I’ve seen Beckett on way too many waiver wires recently, so make sure he’s not sitting on yours.
- John Axford (who has been struggling all year) and Francisco Rodriguez switched roles last night with Axford pitching the eighth (and taking the loss). Axford was only put in the game because he had started warming up when the Brewers were down 3-0 (they then tied it), but any fantasy owners in need of saves should be scooping up K-Rod.
- Trout/Harper/RizzoÂ Watch:Â With two of baseballâ€™s best prospects being called-up last month, Iâ€™m going to dedicate this space to keeping tabs on the youngsters for the near future. Hereâ€™s to hoping that you were able to grab one (or both)! (UPDATE: Anthony Rizzo is the latest uber prospect to get the call to the Majors, so I’ve added him to the list as well)
Bryce Harper: Harper went 1-5 yesterday. (.278, 32 R, 7 HR, 20 RBI, 7 steals on the season).
Mike Trout: Trout went 1-5 with one run yesterday. Â (.335, 44 Runs, 7 HR, 29 RBI, 21 steals on the season).
Anthony Rizzo: Harper went 2-4 with one RBI yesterday. (.500, 1 RBI on the season).
A quick look at some of todayâ€™s pitchers to start (3 Up), pitchers to sit (3 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing Darts), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses).
Chris SaleÂ at Minnesota Twins
Jered WeaverÂ at Baltimore Orioles
Zack GreinkeÂ at Cincinnati Reds
Ubaldo JimenezÂ at New York Yankees
Trevor CahillÂ at Atlanta Braves
Jon LesterÂ vs. Toronto Blue Jays
Jarrod ParkerÂ at Seattle Mariners
Roy OswaltÂ vs. Detroit Tigers
Chad Billingsley atÂ San Francisco Giants
Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses
- Matt HollidayÂ is 6-for-11 (.545) with two home runs in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Anibal Sanchez.
- Nelson CruzÂ is 7-for-14 (.500) with one home run in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Doug Fister.
- Buster PoseyÂ is 10-for-22 (.455) with five RBI in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Chad Billingsley.
- Mark TeixeiraÂ is hitless in his career (10 at-bats) against todayâ€™s starter,Â Ubaldo Jimenez.
- Kelly JohnsonÂ is hitless in his career (eight at-bats) against todayâ€™s starter,Â Jon Lester.
- Edwin EncarnacionÂ is 2-for-17 (.118)Â in his career against todayâ€™s starter, Jon Lester.
Donâ€™t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- Collin Hager takes a look at today’s starting pitching matchups in the latest edition ofÂ Pitch or Ditch.
- Albert Lang’s weekly Hot N Cold Fantasy Baseball All-stars is always one of my favorite reads…don’t miss it!
- Editor-in-Chief, Patrick DiCaprio, and his patentedÂ Closer Identifier AlgorithmÂ are back to help keep you one step ahead of the curve when it comes to predicted closers!
- Just in case you’ve been hiding under a rock, Roy Oswalt is back. Chuck Anderson takes a look at the Rangers’ new pitcher, as well as some other players to grab or kick to the curb in this week’sÂ Added and Dropped.
- Chuck Anderson examines theÂ Position BattleÂ at second base for the St. Louis Cardinals and lets you know how it affects your fantasy team.
- Dan Stack put together an extremely helpful list ofÂ Players to WatchÂ for this week. Make sure you don’t miss it!
- Greg Marta gives a pitching-focused view of the previous article inÂ Pitching Matchups to WatchÂ for this week.
- You want more Leaders and Laggards? Matthew Dewoskin’s got a double-dip look at Pitchers’ K/BB ratio withÂ LeadersÂ andÂ Laggards.
- Don’t miss Lenny Melnick onÂ today’s podcastÂ as he covers Adam Dunn, Dexter Fowler, and a whole lot more fantasy baseball goodness!
- Make sure you join Patrick DiCaprio and the crew on tonight’s Fantasy Baseball Roundtable Show. I promise you that you’ll walk away a lot smarter than before you listened (and you’ll also know a lot more bad jokes too!)
- It’s only June, but it’s never too early for fantasy football! Take a look at Paul Greco’s pre-season rankings, includingÂ Quarterback,Â Running Back,Â Wide Receiver,Â Tight End, andÂ Strength of Schedule.