Each and every day, Iâ€™ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writersâ€™ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
As always, make sure youâ€™re getting your daily fantasy sports fix by playing theÂ FP911Challenge.Â Don’t know how to play? Don’t worry, Dan Stack’s got you covered with aÂ quick tutorial and some tips for this week!
Before we get to todayâ€™s games, letâ€™s take a spin through last nightâ€™s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Monday, June 25th.
5 Good Nights
- David Ortiz:Â 2-3, 3 R, 2 HR, 3 RBI
- Eric Hosmer:Â 2-4, 2 R, HR, 4 RBI, 1 steal
- Colby Rasmus:Â 3-5, 2 R, HR, 3 RBI
- Mat Latos:Â 9.0 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 13 K’s, W
- Luke Hochevar:Â 9.0 IP, 7 H, 0 ER, 8 K’s, W
Honorable Mention:Â Miguel Cabrera, Robinson Cano, Dewayne Wise, Pablo Sandoval, Jimmy Rollins, Jesus Guzman, Yadier Molina, Elliot Johnson, Alcides Escobar, Alex Gordon, Ben Revere, Joe Mauer, Jesus Flores, Carlos Beltran, Jason Castro, Matt Holliday, Adrian Beltre, Erasmo Ramirez, Barry Zito, Joe Blanton, Francisco Liriano, Hiroki Kuroda, Ricky Nolasco, Travis Wood, Tommy Milone, Rick Porcello
5 Bad Nights
- Alex Cobb:Â 8.0 IP, 13 H, 8 ER, K
- Justin Grimm:Â 1.0 IP, 8 H, 6 ER, BB
- Heath Bell:Â 1.0 IP, 3 H, 4 ER, BB, K
- Daniel Nava: 0-5
- Bryce Harper:Â 0-4, 3 K’s
Dishonorable Mention:Â Chris Heisey, Michael Martinez, Joe Nathan, Aroldis Chapman, Wade Davis, Jonathan Sanchez, Mike Minor, R.A. Dickey, Cliff Lee, Jesse Chavez, Josh Tomlin, Nate Eovaldi, Felix Doubront, Wandy Rodriguez, Henderson Alvarez, Jeff Karstens, Ross Ohlendorf
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- As expected, Anthony Rizzo got called up by the Cubs yesterday and he is expected to make his first start today. At this point, Rizzo should be considered a must-add for any owners who needs help at first base, corner infield, or utility.
- In other prospect news, the Rangers called up their top pitching prospect, Martin Perez, this morning and will likely use him in a relief role for the the foreseeable future.
- Jared BurtonÂ got the save for the Twins last night, but this still looks like a closer-by-committee situation asÂ Glen PerkinsÂ faced a lefty-heavy lineup in the eighth inning.
- No surprise here, but Chris Carpenter experience a setback yesterday, and his plans to being a rehab assignment have been scrapped for the time being.
- Bryce Harper: Harper went 0-4 yesterday. (.280, 32 R, 7 HR, 20 RBI, 7 steals on the season).
Mike Trout: The Angels did not play yesterday. Â (.338, 43 Runs, 7 HR, 29 RBI, 21 steals on the season).
A quick look at some of todayâ€™s pitchers to start (3 Up), pitchers to sit (3 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing Darts), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses).
Clayton KershawÂ at San Francisco Giants
C.J. WilsonÂ at Baltimore Orioles
Gio GonzalezÂ at Colorado Rockies
Justin MastersonÂ at New York Yankees
Daniel HudsonÂ at Atlanta Braves
Daisuke MatsuzakaÂ vs. Toronto Blue Jays
Dillon GeeÂ at Chicago Cubs
Phil HughesÂ vs. Cleveland Indians
Jason VargasÂ vs. Oakland A’s
Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses
- Joe MauerÂ is 17-for-39 (.436) with two home runs in his career against todayâ€™s starter, Gavin Floyd.
- Denard SpanÂ is 15-for-29 (.517) with four RBI in his career against todayâ€™s starter, Gavin Floyd.
- Skip SchumakerÂ is 12-for-36 (.333) with one home run in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Ricky Nolasco.
- Curtis GrandersonÂ is 1-for-11 (.091) in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Justin Masterson.
- Mark TeixeiraÂ is 1-for-10 (.182)Â in his career against todayâ€™s starter, Justin Masterson.
- Brandon BeltÂ is 1-for-10 (.100)Â in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Clayton Kershaw.
Donâ€™t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- Chuck Anderson takes a look at today’s starting pitching matchups in the latest edition ofÂ Pitch or Ditch.
- Editor-in-Chief, Patrick DiCaprio, and his patented Closer Identifier Algorithm are back to help keep you one step ahead of the curve when it comes to predicted closers!
- Just in case you’ve been hiding under a rock, Roy Oswalt is back. Chuck Anderson takes a look at the Rangers’ new pitcher, as well as some other players to grab or kick to the curb in this week’s Added and Dropped.
- Chuck Anderson examines theÂ Position BattleÂ at second base for the St. Louis Cardinals and lets you know how it affects your fantasy team.
- Dan Stack put together an extremely helpful list ofÂ Players to WatchÂ for this week. Make sure you don’t miss it!
- Greg Marta gives a pitching-focused view of the previous article inÂ Pitching Matchups to WatchÂ for this week.
- You want more Leaders and Laggards? Matthew Dewoskin’s got a double-dip look at Pitchers’ K/BB ratio withÂ LeadersÂ andÂ Laggards.
- He’s back! Don’t miss Lenny Melnick on today’s podcast as he covers Anthony Rizzo, Trevor Bauer, and a whole lot more fantasy baseball goodness!
- It’s only June, but it’s never too early for fantasy football! Take a look at Paul Greco’s pre-season rankings, includingÂ Quarterback,Â Running Back,Â Wide Receiver,Â Tight End, andÂ Strength of Schedule.