Each and every day, Iâ€™ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writersâ€™ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
As always, make sure youâ€™re getting your daily fantasy sports fix by playing theÂ FP911Challenge! Don’t know how to play? Dan Stack’s got you covered with a quick tutorial and some tips for this week.
Before we get to todayâ€™s games, letâ€™s take a spin through last nightâ€™s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Thursday, June 14th.
5 Good Nights
- Kirk Nieuwenhuis:Â 2-5, 2 R, 2 HR, 3 RBI
- Jarrod Parker:Â 7.0 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 6 K’s, W
- Joe Blanton:Â 9.0 IP, 7 H, 1 ER, 7 K’s, W
- Shin-Soo Choo:Â 2-5, 2 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI
- Mark Reynolds:Â 4-5, 3 R, HR, 2 RBI
Honorable Mention: Matt Wieters,Â Jason Bay, Steve Pearce, Brandon Phillips, J.D. Martinez, Austin Jackson, Brandon Moss, Adam Dunn, Jim Thome, David Freese, Gerardo Parra, David Wright, Miguel Montero, Justin Verlander, Luke Hochevar, Shaun Marcum, Edinson Volquez
5 Bad Nights
- Jeremy Hellickson:Â 3.2 IP, 9 H, 8 ER, BB, 0 K’s
- J.A. Happ:Â 0.2 IP, H, 2 ER, BB, 2 K’s
- Erik Bedard: 3.1 IP, 8 H, 7 ER, 2 BB’s, K
- Miguel Cabrera: 0-5
- Chris Young:Â 0-5
Dishonorable Mention:Â Brandon Inge, Jose Lopez, Daniel Murphy, Neil Walker, Alex Presley, Brian Fuentes, Shawn Camp, Gavin Floyd, Barry Zito, Fernando Rodney, Jose Valverde, Erasmo Ramirez, Tommy Hunter, Johan Santana, Mike Leake, Scott Feldman, Scott Diamond
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- Brett Gardner (elbow) had another setback in his rehab and will be out until at least the All-Star Break. If you need a spot on your DL for someone that will be back soon, it might be time to say goodbye to Gardner.
- Lance Berkman (knee) is still six to eight weeks away from returning to the Cardinals’ lineup. As with Gardner, you may want to consider dropping Berkman if you need your DL spot for someone who is closer to returning.
- Trout/HarperÂ Watch:Â With two of baseballâ€™s best prospects being called-up last month, Iâ€™m going to dedicate this space to keeping tabs on the youngsters for the near future. Hereâ€™s to hoping that you were able to grab one (or both)!
Bryce Harper: The Nationals did not play yesterday. (.303, 30 R, 7 HR, 19 RBI, 4 steals on the season).
Mike Trout: The Angels did not play yesterday. Â (.341, 35 Runs, 6 HR, 26 RBI, 16 steals on the season).
A quick look at some of todayâ€™s pitchers to start (3 Up), pitchers to sit (3 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing Darts), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses).
Clayton KershawÂ vs. Chicago White Sox
Chris SaleÂ at Los Angeles Dodgers
Ryan VogelsongÂ at Seattle Mariners
Francisco LirianoÂ vs. Milwaukee Brewers
Gio GonzalezÂ vs. New York Yankees
Vance WorleyÂ at Toronto Blue Jays
Justin MastersonÂ vs. Pittsburgh Pirates
Trevor CahillÂ at Los Angeles Angels
Jason VargasÂ vs. San Francisco Giants
Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses
- Adam DunnÂ is 7-for-11 (.636) with three home runs in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Clayton Kershaw.
- Carlos GomezÂ is 5-for-7 (.714) with two home runs in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Francisco Liriano.
- Josh HamiltonÂ is 4-for-7 (.571) with one home run in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Jordan Lyles.
- Miguel CabreraÂ is 3-for-16 (.188) in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Jeff Francis.
- Andrew McCutchenÂ is hitless in six career at-bats against todayâ€™s starter,Â Justin Masterson.
- Prince FielderÂ is 2-for-11 (.182)Â in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Jeff Francis.
Donâ€™t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- Albert Lang previews today’s starting pitching matchups in the latest edition of Pitch or Ditch.
- Matthew Dewoskin takes a spin on the closer carousel in this week’s Blown Opportunities.
- Collin Hager invented his own system for analyzing a player’s fantasy value, and hisÂ HVaC rankingsÂ are always a must-read in my book.
- Dave Shovein takes a look ahead at next week’s pitchers inÂ Double Starters.
- Albert Lang is back with one of my favorite articles of the week:Â The Hot N Cold Fantasy Baseball All-stars.
- Lenny Melnick and his award-winning podcast are back with aÂ brand new episodeÂ covering pitching prospects and a whole lot more!
- Don’t forget to check out Patrick DiCaprio and the crew on this week’s episode ofÂ The Fantasy Baseball Roundtable Show.
- It’s only June, but it’s never too early for fantasy football! Take a look at Paul Greco’s pre-season rankings, includingÂ Quarterback,Â Running Back,Â Wide Receiver,Â Tight End, andÂ Strength of Schedule.