Each and every day, Iâ€™ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writersâ€™ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
As always, make sure youâ€™re getting your daily fantasy sports fix by playing theÂ FP911Challenge!
Before we get to todayâ€™s games, letâ€™s take a spin through last nightâ€™s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Wednesday, June 13th.
5 Good Nights
- Matt Cain:Â 9.0 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB’s, 14 K’s, W
- R.A.Dickey:Â 9.0 IP, H, 0 ER, 0 BB’s, 12 K’s, W
- Michael Cuddyer:Â 4-4, 3 R, 2 HR, 3 RBI
- Tyler Moore:Â 3-4, 2 R, 2 HR, 5 RBI
- Jim Thome:Â 2-4, 2 R, HR, Â 4 RBI
Honorable Mention:Â David Ortiz, Carlos Beltran, Wilson Betemit, Brennan Boesch, Brandon Belt, John Mayberry Jr., Brandon Phillips, Todd Helton, Chris Davis, Gregor Blanco, Adrian Gonzalez, Jhonny Peralta, Lance Lynn, Matt Harrison, Wade Miley, Randy Wolf, Jake Peavy, C.J. Wilson, Felix Doubront, Jake Arrieta, Mat Latos, Hector Noesi, Jason Marquis, Nate Eovaldi, Jonathan Sanchez
5 Bad Nights
- Rafael Betancourt:Â 1.0 IP, 3 H, 3 ER, BB, K
- J.A. Happ:Â 3.1 IP, 11 H, 8 ER, BB, 5 K’s
- Tommy Milone: 4.0Â IP, 8 H, 7 ER, 4 BB’s, 4 K’s
- Brian Roberts: 0-5
- Neil Walker:Â 0-5
Dishonorable Mention:Â Placido Polanco, Yuniesky Betancourt, Austin Jackson, Tyler Colvin, Stephen Lombardozzi, John Axford, Kenley Jansen, David Price, Cole Hamels, Kyle Drabek, Rick Porcello, Kevin Correia
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- Ryan CookÂ earned his second save in as many games last night. It looks like we have a new closer in Oakland!
- Troy Tulowitzki (groin)Â had a setback in his rehab as he re-aggravated his injury and may now be out until the All-Star Break.
- Yoenis Cespedes left yesterday’s game with a strained hamstring and will not play in tonight’s game against Colorado. The A’s are considering using Cespedes as a designated hitter until he returns to health, but it looks like he could miss a couple games.
- Trout/HarperÂ Watch:Â With two of baseballâ€™s best prospects being called-up last month, Iâ€™m going to dedicate this space to keeping tabs on the youngsters for the near future. Hereâ€™s to hoping that you were able to grab one (or both)!
Bryce Harper: Harper went 1-5 yesterday. (.303, 30 R, 7 HR, 19 RBI, 4 steals on the season).
Mike Trout: Trout went 1-5 with one steal yesterday. Â (.341, 35 Runs, 6 HR, 26 RBI, 16 steals on the season).
A quick look at some of todayâ€™s pitchers to start (3 Up), pitchers to sit (3 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing Darts), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses).
Justin VerlanderÂ at Chicago Cubs
Shaun MarcumÂ at Kansas City Royals
Wandy RodriguezÂ at San Francisco Giants
Daniel HudsonÂ at Texas Rangers
Gavin FloydÂ at St. Louis Cardinals
Jarrod ParkerÂ at Colorado Rockies
Scott DiamondÂ vs. Philadelphia Phillies
Barry Zito vs. Houston Astros
Edinson VolquezÂ at Seattle Mariners
Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses
- Paul KonerkoÂ is 21-for-67 (.313) with four home runs in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Jake Westbrook.
- Matt WietersÂ is 3-for-9 (.333) with two home runs in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Erik Bedard.
- Adam JonesÂ is 6-for-11 (.545) in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Erik Bedard.
- Josh Willingham is 2-for-12 (.167) in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Joe Blanton.
- A.J. PierzynskiÂ is 14-for-66 (.212)Â in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Jake Westbrook.
- Angel PaganÂ is 3-for-14 (.214)Â in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Wandy Rodriguez.
Donâ€™t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- Collin Hager invented his own system for analyzing a player’s fantasy value, and hisÂ HVaC rankingsÂ are always a must-read in my book.
- Dave Shovein takes a look ahead at next week’s pitchers in Double Starters.
- Albert Lang is back with one of my favorite articles of the week:Â The Hot N Cold Fantasy Baseball All-stars.
- Chuck Anderson takes a look at theÂ Inconsistency of Youth in this week’s Added and Dropped.
- Patrick DiCaprio and his patented Closer Identifier Algorithm (CIA) give you someÂ predictions for this week.
- Matthew Dewoskin takes an in-depth look at BABIP with two specialÂ LeadersÂ andÂ LaggardsÂ editions.
- Lenny Melnick and his award-winning podcast are back with a brand new episode!
- Don’t forget to check out Patrick DiCaprio and the crew on last night’s episode ofÂ The Fantasy Baseball Roundtable ShowÂ at 9 PM (Eastern).
- It’s only June, but it’s never too early for fantasy football! Take a look at Paul Greco’s pre-season rankings, includingÂ Quarterback,Â Running Back,Â Wide Receiver,Â Tight End, andÂ Strength of Schedule.