Each and every day, Iâ€™ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writersâ€™ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
As always, make sure youâ€™re getting your daily fantasy sports fix by playing theÂ FP911Challenge! Don’t know how to play? Don’t worry, Dan Stack’sÂ got you coveredÂ with a quick tutorial and some tips for the upcoming week.
Before we get to todayâ€™s games, letâ€™s take a spin through last nightâ€™s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Monday, June 11th.
5 Good Nights
- Mike Trout:Â 2-4, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI, 2 steals
- Bryce Harper:Â 3-4, 2 R, RBI, 1 steal
- Ivan Nova:Â 7.0 IP, 5 H, 0 ER, 6 K’s, W
- Adam LaRoche:Â 2-5, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Josh Johnson:Â 7.0 IP, 4 H, ER, 7 K’s, W
Honorable Mention:Â Yan Gomes, Raul Ibanez, Colby Rasmus, Dee Gordon, Scott Podsednik, Torii Hunter, Edwin Jackson
5 Bad Nights
- Brandon Morrow:Â 0.0 IP, H, ER (I know, I know…it was an injury. It was still a bad night, though!)
- Randall Delgado:Â 5.0 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 6 BB’s, 5 K’s
- Josh Beckett: 7.0 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, BB, 5 K’s
- Andre Ethier: 0-4, 3 K’s
- Kelly Johnson:Â 0-4, 2 K’s
Dishonorable Mention:Â Kenley Jansen, Sean Burnett, Francisco Cordero
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- Brandon Morrow suffered a strained left oblique during the first inning of last night’s games against Washington and will likely require a stint on the disabled list. I haven’t heard a definitive timetable on his return yet, but obliques are a tricky injury for pitchers and he’ll likely be out at least two weeks.
- Brandon Beachy will have his next start pushed back to this Saturday as the Braves seem to be worried about a drop in his velocity (even though he and the team are saying that he isn’t experiencing any elbow issues). I’m treating this as a “where there’s smoke, there’s fire” situation and trying to use Beachy’s league-leading ERA as leverage in a trade sooner, rather than later.
- One day after suffering his first blown save of the season, Rafael Soriano was unavailable to pitch for the Yankees last night due to a blister on his right index finger. Early reports have him available for tonight’s game, however, so this doesn’t seem like anything to worry about at the moment.
- In other Yankees bullpen news, David Robertson (oblique) is set to make his second rehab start for Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre tonight and is targeting a Friday return to the Yankees roster.
- Alexei Ogando‘s stint in the Texas Rangers’ rotation will likely be short-lived as the Rangers placed Ogandoon the disabled list with a groin injury. Early reports have the young righty missing four to six weeks.
- Drew Storen reportedly felt good after throwing off a mound for the second time since undergoing surgery to remove bone chips from his right elbow, and is targeting a return from the disabled list around the All-Star break.
- Trout/HarperÂ Watch:Â With two of baseballâ€™s best prospects being called-up last month, Iâ€™m going to dedicate this space to keeping tabs on the youngsters for the near future. Hereâ€™s to hoping that you were able to grab one (or both)!
Bryce Harper: Harper went 3-4 with two runs, one RBI, and one steal yesterday. (.282, 29 R, 6 HR, 18 RBI, 4 steals on the season).
Mike Trout: Trout went 2-4 with two runs, one home run, two RBI, and two steals yesterday. Â (.354, 35 Runs, 6 HR, 26 RBI, 15 steals on the season).
A quick look at some of todayâ€™s pitchers to start (3 Up), pitchers to sit (3 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing Darts), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses).
Zack GreinkeÂ at Kansas City Royals
Felix HernandezÂ vs. San Diego Padres
C.C. SabathiaÂ at Atlanta Braves
Ian KennedyÂ at Texas Rangers
Mike MinorÂ vs. New York Yankees
Henderson AlvarezÂ vs. Washington Nationals
Bud NorrisÂ at San Francisco Giants
Clay BuchholzÂ at Miami Marlins
Wei-Yin ChenÂ vs. Pittsburgh Pirates
Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses
- Albert PujolsÂ is 20-for-66 (.303) with five home runs in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Aaron Harang.
- David Ortiz is 20-for-58 (.345) with two home runs in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Mark Buehrle.
- Adam DunnÂ is 8-for-18 (.444) with a home run in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Adam Wainwright.
- Prince FielderÂ is 6-for-46 (.125) in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Paul Maholm.
- Chase HeadleyÂ is 1-for-13 (.077)Â in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Felix Hernandez.
- Aaron HillÂ is hitless in nine career at-bars against todayâ€™s starter,Â Colby Lewis.
Donâ€™t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- Chuck Anderson previews today’s starting pitchers in the latest edition ofÂ Pitch or Ditch.
- Chuck Anderson has been a busy-bee and also take a look at the Inconsistency of Youth in this week’s Added and Dropped.
- As we head into interleague play, Dan Stack identifies someÂ Players to WatchÂ for this week.
- Patrick DiCaprio and his patented Closer Identifier Algorithm (CIA) give you someÂ predictions for the upcoming week.
- Collin Hager looks ahead and gives you a preview of guys toÂ Hit or DitchÂ this week.
- Greg Marta is looking ahead as well, but he’s giving you a look atÂ Pitching Matchups to Watch for this week.
- Matthew Dewoskin takes an in-depth look at BABIP with two specialÂ LeadersÂ andÂ LaggardsÂ editions.
- Collin Hager invented his own system for analyzing a player’s fantasy value, and hisÂ HVaC rankingsÂ are always a must-read in my book.
- Chuck Anderson brings you a look at aÂ Position BattleÂ going on in left field for the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Lenny Melnick and his award-winning podcast are back to take a look at June Call Ups and a whole lot more on today’s episode!
- This season has had an abundance of closer news, and Matthew Dewoskin is here to give you the latest in this week’sÂ BlownÂ Opportunities.
- It’s only June, but it’s never too early for fantasy football! Take a look at Paul Greco’s pre-season rankings, includingÂ Quarterback,Â Running Back,Â Wide Receiver,Â Tight End, andÂ Strength of Schedule.