Each and every day, Iâ€™ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writersâ€™ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
Before we get to todayâ€™s games, letâ€™s take a spin through last nightâ€™s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Thursday, May 31st.
5 Good Nights
- Carlos Gonzalez:Â 3-4, 3 R, HR, 3 RBI, 1 steal
- Quintin Berry:Â 3-5, 2 R, RBI, 2 steals
- Delmon Young:Â 3-5, R, Â HR, 2 RBI
- Michael Cuddyer:Â 3-4, 2 R, 3 RBI
- Zack Greinke: 6.0 IP, 9 H, 1 ER, 7 K’s, W
Honorable Mention: Aramis Ramirez, Marco Scutaro, Jordan Pacheco, Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Jed Lowrie, Jose Altuve, Miguel Cabrera
5 Bad Nights
- Bud Norris:Â 1.2 IP, 7 H, 9 ER, 3 BB’s, 2 K’s
- Jeremy Guthrie:Â 7.0 IP, 12 H, 5 ER, 1 K, W
- Anthony Bass: 6.0 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, 2 BB’s, 8 K’s
- Andre Ethier: 0-5
- Norichika Aoki:Â 0-5
Dishonorable Mention:Â Josh Beckett
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- Troy Tulowitzki (groin) was placed on the 15-day disabled list yesterday after leaving Wednesday night’s game.
- Yoenis Cespedes (hand) is expected to be activated for tonight’s game against Kansas City.
- Dustin Pedroia (thumb) has yet to placed on the disabled list, but the rumors swirling around Boston indicate that the Red Sox will do so if his condition doesn’t improve within the next day or two.
- Huston Street (lat) is due to begin a rehab assignment and could return to the Padres within the next two weeks. It might be smart to check your waivers to see if any owners in your league got impatient with the Padres’ closer.
- Trout/HarperÂ Watch:Â With two of baseballâ€™s best prospects being called-up recently, Iâ€™m going to dedicate this space to keeping tabs on the youngsters for the near future. Hereâ€™s to hoping that you were able to grab one (or both)!
Bryce Harper: The Nationals did not play yesterday. (.274, 21 R, 4 HR, 11 RBI, 2 steals on the season).
Mike Trout: The Angels did not play yesterday (.303, 21 Runs, 5 HR, 16 RBI, 8 steals on the season).
A quick look at some of todayâ€™s pitchers to start (3 Up), pitchers to sit (3 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing Darts), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses).
Stephen StrasburgÂ vs. Atlanta Braves
David PriceÂ vs. Baltimore Orioles
C.C. SabathiaÂ at Detroit Tigers
Chris CapuanoÂ at Colorado Rockies
Clay BuchholzÂ at Toronto Blue Jays
Rick PorcelloÂ vs. New York Yankees
Felipe PaulinoÂ vs. Oakland A’s
Mark BuehrleÂ at Philadelphia Phillies
Wade MileyÂ at San Diego Padres
Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses
- Nelson CruzÂ is 5-for-6 (.833) with two home runs in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Jerome Williams.
- Dan UgglaÂ is 6-for-8 (.750) with two home runs in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Stephen Strasburg.
- Miguel CabreraÂ is 10-for-20 (.429) with two home runs in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â C.C. Sabathia.
- A.J. PierzynskiÂ is 6-for-29 (.207) in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Felix Hernandez.
- Adam JonesÂ is 3-for-20 (.150)Â in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â David Price.
- Howard KendrickÂ is 3-for-17 (.176) in his careerÂ against todayâ€™s starter,Â Colby Lewis.
Donâ€™t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- Albert Lang previews today’s starting pitchers in the latest edition ofÂ Pitch or Ditch.
- Matthew Dewoskin takes a look at the closer carousel in the latest Â edition of Missed Opportunities.
- Chuck Anderson takes a look at the Rockies’ hot corner job in this week’s Position Battles.
- Looking ahead to next week’s pitching matchups? Don’t miss Dave Shovein and his Double Starters preview!
- Don’t miss reading about our second inductee into the Alternate Universe Baseball Hall of Fame!
- Lenny Melnick take a look at the Colorado Rockies and whole lot more onÂ today’s editionÂ of his award-winning podcast.
- Don’t miss Editor-in-Chief, Patrick DiCaprio, and the crew on this week’s episode of theÂ Fantasy Baseball Roundtable Show.
- It’s only May, but it’s never too early for fantasy football! Take a look at Paul Greco’s pre-season rankings, includingÂ Quarterback,Â Running Back,Â Wide Receiver,Â Tight End, andÂ Strength of Schedule.