Each and every day, Iâ€™ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writersâ€™ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
As always, make sure youâ€™re getting your daily fantasy sports fix by playing theÂ FP911Challenge! Don’t know how to play? Don’t worry…Dan Stack’s got you covered with aÂ tutorial and some Week 8 tips.
Before we get to todayâ€™s games, letâ€™s take a spin through last nightâ€™s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Tuesday, May 29th.
5 Good Nights
- Adam Jones:Â 3-3, 3 R, 2 HR, 3 RBI
- Yadier Molina:Â 4-4, R, HR, 3 RBI
- Ryan Braun:Â 2-3, R, Â HR, 2 RBI, 1 steal
- Homer Bailey:Â 9.0 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 5 K’s, W
- Anibal Sanchez:Â 7.0 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 5 K’s, W
Honorable Mention:Â Hanley Ramirez, Dayan Viciedo, David Ortiz, Mark Trumbo, Mike Moustakas, Josh Hamilton, Josh Willingham, Dan Uggla, John Jaso, Brett Lawrie, Albert Pujols, Jay Bruce, Chris Davis, Carlos Quentin, Ryan Vogelsong, Dan Haren, Philip Humber, Jeff Samardzija, Michael Fiers, Nate Eovaldi, Edwin Jackson, Jarrod Parker, Will Smith, Joe Saunders
5 Bad Nights
- Brian Fuentes:Â 0.2 IP, 2 H, 3 ER, BB, 0 K’s
- Casey Janssen:Â 1.0 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, BB, 0 K’s
- Jake Arrieta: 4.1 IP, 6 H, 6 ER, 3 BB’s, 5 K’s
- Curtis Granderson: 0-5
- Ian Kinsler:Â 0-5
Dishonorable Mention:Â Rafael Furcal, Joe Mauer, Robinson Cano, Kelly Johnson, Yunel Escobar, Wilson Betemit, Jesus Montero, Zack Cozart, Mike Adams, Craig Stammen, Alexei Ogando, Joe Blanton, Justin Masterson, Charlie Morton, Andrew Cashner, Johnny Venters, Justin Verlander, James Shields, Jake Westbrook, Andy Pettitte, Ricky Romero, Eric Stults
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- Roy Halladay and the Phillies received the bad news yesterday that Halladay will miss the next six to eight weeks with a shoulder strain.
- Jered Weaver was placed on the 15-day DL with a lower back injury and will miss at least his next two starts.
- Dustin Pedroia has been diagnosed with a torn adductor muscle in his right thumb, but will attempt to avoid a DL-stint and play through the pain. Initial reports had Pedroia missing 3-4 weeks (which is still a possibility), so it might be wise to see what you can get for him before the news gets worse.
- Yoenis Cespedes (hand) will be activated off the disabled list Friday, which is great news for his owners that were enjoying watching him mash his way through the Majors in April.
- James Russell picked up the save for the Cubs yesterday and looks like the man to own in Chicago’s bullpen (for now). Carlos Marmol was also activated from the DL yesterday, and I wouldn’t be shocked to see him reclaim the closer’s role within a few weeks if Russell struggles.
- Trout/HarperÂ Watch:Â With two of baseballâ€™s best prospects being called-up recently, Iâ€™m going to dedicate this space to keeping tabs on the youngsters for the near future. Hereâ€™s to hoping that you were able to grab one (or both)!
Bryce Harper: Harper went 1-4 yesterday. (.284, 21 R, 4 HR, 11 RBI, 2 steals on the season).
Mike Trout: Trout went 1-4 with an RBI yesterday (.304, 20 Runs, 5 HR, 14 RBI, 8 steals on the season).
A quick look at some of todayâ€™s pitchers to start (3 Up), pitchers to sit (3 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing Darts), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses).
Clayton KershawÂ vs. Milwaukee Brewers
Cliff LeeÂ at New York Mets
Josh JohnsonÂ vs. Washington Nationals
Francisco LirianoÂ vs. Oakland A’s
Tim LincecumÂ vs. Arizona Diamondbacks
Ervin SantanaÂ vs. New York Yankees
Anthony BassÂ at Chicago White Sox
Derek HollandÂ vs. Seattle Mariners
Jeanmar GomezÂ vs. Kansas City Royals
Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses
- Derek JeterÂ is 17-for-41 (.435) with three home runs in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Ervin Santana.
- Carlos BeltranÂ is 26-for-74 (.353) with four home runs in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Tim Hudson.
- Paul GoldschmidtÂ is 6-for-11 (.545) with three home runs in his career against todayâ€™s starter, Tim Lincecum.
- Michael BournÂ is 6-for-31 (.194) in his career against todayâ€™s starter, Kyle Lohse.
- Adam LaRocheÂ is 3-for-18 (.167)Â in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Josh Johnson.
- Chase HeadleyÂ is 1-for-10 (.100) in his careerÂ against todayâ€™s starter,Â Ryan Dempster.
Donâ€™t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- Collin Hager previews today’s starting pitchers in the latest edition ofÂ Pitch or Ditch.
- Albert Lang is back to look at who’s hot and who’s not in this week’s edition of Hot N Cold Fantasy Baseball All-Stars.
- Patrick DiCaprio’s latest edition of his patentedÂ Closer Identifier AlgorithmÂ is a must-read for those of you chasing saves (who isn’t?!).
- Dan Stack’s identifies players that we should all be paying attention to in Week 9′s Players to Watch.
- Chuck Anderson takes a look at this week’s player to add and drop inÂ Added and Dropped: Knuckleballers and Old Farts.
- It’s only May, but it’s never too early for fantasy football! Take a look at Paul Greco’s pre-season rankings, includingÂ Quarterback,Â Running Back,Â Wide Receiver,Â Tight End, andÂ Strength of Schedule.