Each and every day, Iâ€™ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writersâ€™ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
As always, make sure youâ€™re getting your daily fantasy sports fix by playing theÂ FP911Challenge!
Before we get to todayâ€™s games, letâ€™s take a spin through last nightâ€™s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Monday, May 21st.
5 Good Nights
- Drew Stubbs:Â 2-3, 2 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI
- Gio Gonzalez:Â 6.0 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 9 K’s, W
- Felipe Paulino:Â 6.2 IP, 6 H, 0 ER, 8 K’s, W
- Bud Norris:Â 7.0 IP, 5 H, 0 ER, 8 Â K’s, W
- Jed Lowrie:Â 3-4, 2 R, HR, RBI, 1 steal
Honorable Mention:Â Melky Cabrera, Austin Kearns,Â Giancarlo Stanton, Chris Johnson, Buster Posey, Jason Castro, Ichiro Suzuki, Ian Desmond, Tyler Greene, Billy Butler, Will Middlebrooks, Tony Campana, Hanley Ramirez, Felix Hernandez, Mike Leake, Madison Bumgarner, Clayton Richard, Jeremy Hellickson, Kyle Kendrick, Jaime Garcia, Tommy Milone, Jerome Williams, Chris Capuano
5 Bad Nights
- Matt Garza:Â 3.0 IP, 5 H, 7 ER, 2 BB’s, 2 K’s
- Jamie Moyer:Â 3.2 IP, 9 H, 6 ER, 4 BB’s, 5 K’s
- Yu Darvish: 4.0 IP, 4 H, 4 ER, 6 BB’s, 5 K’s
- Corey Hart: 0-6
- Gregor Blanco:Â 0-6
Dishonorable Mention:Â Cesar Izturis, Nate Schierholtz, Brandon Crawford, Scott Van Slyke, Norichika Aoki, Carlos Gomez, Henry Rodriguez, Andrew Cashner, Clay Buchholz, Freddy Garcia, Tommy Hunter, Erik Bedard, Mike Minor, Johan Santana, Hiroki KurodaÂ
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- Contrary to initial reports, it sounds like Lance Berkman did NOT tear his ACL. He’s still not out of the woods yet as the Cardinals are doing additional tests, but he will miss at least the next six-to-eight weeks with a right knee injury. Matt Adams is looking like a great long-term option right about now.
- Sean Burnett grabbed a two-out save after Henry Rodriguez allowed two baserunners. Rodriguez seems to have the confidence of manager, Davey Johnson, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Burnett get the next save opportunity.
- Cody RossÂ has been placed on the 15-day DL with a foot fracture, and will likely miss at least 6-8 weeks for the already depleted Red Sox.
- Recently deposed Reds closer, Sean Marshall, got the one-out save for Cincinnati last night after Jose Arredondo failed to close the door on the Braves in the ninth. Aroldis Chapman was unavailable due to a rest day, but he was also arrested yesterday for speeding. Chapman will likely be the closer going forward, but this is definitely a situation to keep an eye on as Arredondo and Marshall may still see save opportunities.
- Neftali Feliz was placed on the 15-day DL with a right elbow strain. The Rangers will see how Feliz responds to four weeks without picking up a baseball, but it looks like the young righty will be out until at least the All-Star break.
- Trout/HarperÂ Watch:Â With two of baseballâ€™s best prospects being called-up recently, Iâ€™m going to dedicate this space to keeping tabs on the youngsters for the near future. Hereâ€™s to hoping that you were able to grab one (or both)!
Bryce Harper: Harper went 2-4 with one run and one steal yesterday. (.256, 15 R, 2 HR, 7 RBI, 2 Steals on the season).
Mike Trout: Trout went 1-4 with one RBI yesterday. (.350, 15 Runs, 4 HR, 12 RBI, 6 Steals on the season).
A quick look at some of todayâ€™s pitchers to start (3 Up), pitchers to sit (3 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing Darts), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses).
Roy HalladayÂ vs. Washington Nationals
Brandon BeachyÂ at Cincinnati Reds
Matt CainÂ at Milwaukee Brewers
Felipe PaulinoÂ at New York Yankees
Matt MooreÂ vs. Toronto Blue Jays
Trevor CahillÂ vs. Los Angeles Dodgers
Hiroki KurodaÂ vs. Kansas City Royals
Mark BuehrleÂ vs. Colorado Rockies
Bud NorrisÂ vs. Chicago Cubs
Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses
- Joe MauerÂ is 16-for-38 (.421) with three home runs in his career against todayâ€™s starter, Gavin Floyd.
- Matt HollidayÂ is 5-for-12 (.417) with two home runs in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Edinson Volquez.
- Delmon YoungÂ is 8-for-15 (.533) in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Ubaldo Jimenez.
- Chipper Jones is 2-for-13 (.154) in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Mat Latos.
- Dustin AckleyÂ is hitless in 11 career at-bats against todayâ€™s starter,Â Matt Harrison.
- Justin UptonÂ is 2-for-16 (.125) in his careerÂ against todayâ€™s starter,Â Aaron Harang.
Donâ€™t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- Chuck Anderson previews today’s starting pitchers in the latest edition ofÂ Pitch or Ditch.
- Editor-in-Chief Patrick DiCaprio is back with his patented Closer Identifier Alogrithm and the latest update to his CIA spreadsheet.
- Dan Stack looks ahead and gives you a list of Players to Watch for Week 8.
- Chuck Anderson takes a very Yankee-centric focus in this week’s Added and Dropped.
- Lenny Melnick takes a look at last night’s action and is talking Ryan Braun, Bud Norris, and a whole lot more on today’s episode of hisÂ award-winning podcast.