Each and every day, Iâ€™ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writersâ€™ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
As always, make sure youâ€™re getting your daily fantasy sports fix by playing theÂ FP911Challenge!
Before we get to todayâ€™s games, letâ€™s take a spin through last nightâ€™s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Sunday, May 20th.
5 Good Nights
- Jonathan Lucroy:Â 3-5, 3 R, 2 HR, 7 RBI
- Mike Trout:Â 3-4, 2 R, HR, RBI, 2 steals
- Tim Hudson:Â 7.2Â IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 3 K’s, W
- Colby Lewis: 8.0Â IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 6 K’s, W
- Max Scherzer:Â 7.0 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 15 Â K’s, W
Honorable Mention: Ryan Braun, Ryan Ludwick, Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Jose Bautista, Corey Hart, Carlos Gonzalez. Raul Ibanez, Scott Van Slyke, Danny Espinosa, Jeff Francoeur, Melky Cabrera, Joe Mauer, Bobby Abreu, Michael Cuddyer, Greg Dobbs, Mike Baxter, Jose Lopez, Wade Miley, Jake Peavy, Josh Beckett, Josh Johnson, David Price, Zack Greinke, Johnny Cueto, Derek Lowe, Stephen Strasburg, Anthony Bass, Ervin Santana
5 Bad Nights
- Jason Marquis:Â 1.2Â IP, 8 H, 8 ER, 0 K’s
- Brandon League:Â 1.0 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 1 K
- Wei-Yin Chen: 4.1 IP, 8 H, 6 ER, 3 BB’s, 5 K’s
- Adrian Beltre: 0-5
- Edwin Encarnacion:Â 0-5
Dishonorable Mention:Â Todd Helton, David DeJesus, Maicer Izturis, Everth Cabrera, Chris Heisey, Chase Headley, Bobby Parnell, Henderson Alvarez, Jeremy Guthrie, Dana Eveland, Tim Lincecum, Paul Maholm, Cliff Lee, Jordan Lyles
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- Aroldis Chapman saved yesterday’s game for the Reds and will be their closer going forward. The Reds typically don’t like to pitch him in back-to-back games, so Sean Marshall may still see a save opportunity here and there.
- Lance BerkmanÂ was officially placed on the 15-day disabled list with a right knee injury, and Matt Adams was promoted from Triple-AAA Memphis. Adams was hitting .340 with nine home runs in 37 games for Memphis and has a chance to provide fantasy owners with a mid-season power boost.
- Brandon McCarthy was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a right shoulder strain. McCarthy is hopeful he won’t miss more than two weeks, but shoulder injuries on pitchers are never a good thing.
- Major League steals leader, Emilio Bonifacio, was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a sprained thumb yesterday. The Marlins also demoted Gaby Sanchez to the minors and recalled Chris Coghlan from Triple-A New Orleans.
- Trout/HarperÂ Watch:Â With two of baseballâ€™s best prospects being called-up recently, Iâ€™m going to dedicate this space to keeping tabs on the youngsters for the near future. Hereâ€™s to hoping that you were able to grab one (or both)!
Bryce Harper: Harper went 2-4 with three runs and two RBIs yesterday. (.244, 11 R, 2 HR, 7 RBI, 1 Steal on the season).
Mike Trout: Trout went 3-4 with three runs, a home run, one RBI and 2 steals yesterday. (.355, 15 Runs, 4 HR, 11 RBI, 6 Steals on the season).
A quick look at some of todayâ€™s pitchers to start (3 Up), pitchers to sit (3 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing Darts), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses).
Yu DarvishÂ at Seattle Mariners
Matt GarzaÂ at Houston Astros
Madison BumgarnerÂ at Milwaukee Brewers
Felipe PaulinoÂ at New York Yankees
Tommy MiloneÂ vs. Los Angeles Angels
Felix HernandezÂ vs. Texas Rangers
Hiroki KurodaÂ vs. Kansas City Royals
Mark BuehrleÂ vs. Colorado Rockies
Bud NorrisÂ vs. Chicago Cubs
Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses
- Hanley RamirezÂ is 17-for-50 (.340) with four home runs in his career against todayâ€™s starter, Jamie Moyer.
- Dustin PedroiaÂ is 5-for-12 (.417) in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Tommy Hunter.
- Carlos LeeÂ is 4-for-13 (.308) with two home runs in his career against todayâ€™s starter, Matt Garza.
- Josh HamiltonÂ is 8-for-41 (.195) in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Felix Hernandez.
- Yunel EscobarÂ is 1-for-10 (.100) in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Jeremy Hellickson.
- Nick MarkakisÂ is 3-for-25 (.120) in his careerÂ against todayâ€™s starter,Â Clay Buchholz.
Donâ€™t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- Patrick DiCaprio previews today’s starting pitchers in the latest edition of Pitch or Ditch.
- Playing a weekly game where you have to lock-in your lineup today? Look no further than Collin Hager’sÂ Hit or Ditch for this week.
- Greg Marta looks ahead towards this week’s pitchers inÂ Pitching Matchups to Watch for the Week of May 21st.
- Chuck Anderson takes a look at theÂ Reds’ catcher battleÂ and let’s you know whether or not you should expect big things out of Devin Mesoraco this year.
- Matthew Dewoskin tells you why plate discipline matters for fantasy baseball in this week’sÂ Leaders and Laggards: O-Swing % Edition.
- Dave Shovein is here to help you get a head-start on next week’s pitching matchups with the Week 8 edition ofÂ Double Starters.