Each and every day, Iâ€™ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writersâ€™ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
As always, make sure youâ€™re getting your daily fantasy sports fix by playing theÂ FP911Challenge!Â Don’t know how to play? Dan Stack’s got you covered with aÂ quick tutorial and some tips for this weekend.
Before we get to todayâ€™s games, letâ€™s take a spin through last nightâ€™s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Friday, May 18th.
5 Good Nights
- Justin Verlander: 9.0 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 12 K’s, W
- Kevin Millwood: 9.0Â IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 7 K’s, W
- Andy Pettitte: 8.0Â IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 9 K’s, W
- J.P. Arencibia:Â 3-5, 3 R, 2 HR, 6 RBI
- Rajai Davis:Â 2-4, 2 R, 2 HR, 4 RBI
Honorable Mention: Ryan Braun, Ian Desmond, Josh Donaldson, Joe Mauer, Justin Morneau, Denard Span, Scott Hairston, Delmon Young, Miguel Montero, Adam Kennedy, B.J. Upton, Luke Scott, James Loney, Mike Trout, Adrian Beltre, Edwin Jackson, Ted Lilly, Jeff Samardzija, Carlos Zambrano, Jake Arrieta, Justin Masterson, Jered Weaver, Alex White, Philip Humber, Cole Hamels, Tommy Hanson, Ricky Romero
5 Bad Nights
- Jarrod Parker:Â 2.0Â IP, 4 H, 6 ER, 4 BB’s, 0 K’s
- Jonathon Niese:Â 3.0 IP, 8 H, 8 ER, 2 BB’s, 6 K’s
- Daniel Bard: 5.0 IP, 3 H, 5 ER, 5 BB’s, 3 K’s
- J.J. Hardy: 0-5
- Michael Bourn:Â 0-5
Dishonorable Mention:Â Matt Wieters, Adam LaRoche, Dee Gordon, Jeff Suppan, Barry Zito, James Shields, Lance Lynn, Charlie Morton, Scott Diamond
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- Chipper Jones will miss today’s game with a calf injury and is currently listed as day-to-day.
- Good news for Pablo Sandoval owners as the Giants are expecting him to return from his hand injury within the next three weeks.
- Michael Morse‘s rehab from a lat injury is going well, according to the Nationals, and there’s a possibility that he could return to the lineup June 1st.
- Trout/HarperÂ Watch:Â With two of baseballâ€™s best prospects being called-up recently, Iâ€™m going to dedicate this space to keeping tabs on the youngsters for the near future. Hereâ€™s to hoping that you were able to grab one (or both)!
Bryce Harper: Harper went 2-3 last night. (.246, 11 R, 2 HR, 5 RBI, 1 Steal on the season).
Mike Trout: Trout went 3-4 with a run, an RBI, and a steal last night. (.338, 13 Runs, 3 HR, 9 RBI, 4 Steals on the season).
A quick look at some of todayâ€™s pitchers to start (3 Up), pitchers to sit (3 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing Darts), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses).
Clayton KershawÂ vs. St. Louis Cardinals
Yovani GallardoÂ vs. Minnesota Twins
Anibal SanchezÂ at Cleveland Indians
A.J. BurnettÂ at Detroit Tigers
John DanksÂ at Chicago Cubs
Bruce ChenÂ vs. Arizona Diamondbacks
Ryan VogelsongÂ vs. Oakland A’s
Derek HollandÂ at Houston Astros
Christian FriedrichÂ vs. Seattle Mariners
Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses
- Justin MorneauÂ is 4-for-7 (.571) in his career against todayâ€™s starter, Yovani Gallardo.
- Alexei RamirezÂ is 6-for-14 (.429) in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Ryan Dempster.
- Ty WiggintonÂ is 8-for-20 (.400) in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Jon Lester.
- Yadier MolinaÂ is 2-for-11 (.182) in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Clayton Kershaw.
- Mark EllisÂ is 5-for-24 (.208) in his career against todayâ€™s starter, Jake Westbrook.
- Rickie WeeksÂ is hitless in 12 career at-bats against todayâ€™s starter, Carl Pavano.
Donâ€™t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- The closer carousel has slowed down a bit (relatively), but that doesn’t mean you should skip this week’sÂ Blown OpportunitiesÂ by Matthew Dewoskin.
- Dave Shovein is here to help you get a head-start on next week’s pitching matchups with the Week 8 edition ofÂ Double Starters.
- In one of my favorite weekly columns, Collin Hager uses his patentedÂ HVaC systemÂ to re-adjust his top 50 rankings.
- Albert Lang is back with his weeklyÂ Hot N Cold Fantasy Baseball All-starsÂ to help you get a sense of players to think about adding (and potentially dropping).
- Don’t forget to listen to check out Editor-in-Chief, Patrick DiCaprio, and the crew on this week’s episode ofÂ The Fantasy Baseball RoundtableÂ where we talked about closers, Pujols, and yours truly added a Mike Trout prediction to the Are You Crazy list.