Each and every day, Iâ€™ll be combing over box scores and scouring local beat writersâ€™ reports to make sure you have all the information you need in order to make the right decisions for your fantasy baseball lineup. Make sure you check back at this very spot for Hot/Cold Streaks, Injury News, Closer Updates, Daily Stats, and more so that you can stay one step ahead of the rest of your league.
Before we get to todayâ€™s games, letâ€™s take a spin through last nightâ€™s box scores to identify the Studs and Duds from Friday, May 11th.
5 Good Nights
- C.C Sabathia:Â 8.0 IP, 7 H, 0 ER, 10 K’s, W
- Stephen Strasburg:Â 6.0 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 13 K’s, W
- Miguel Cabrera:Â 4-5, R, 3 RBI
- Derek Holland:Â 6.0 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 5 K’s, W
- Brandon Inge:Â 1-4, R, HR, 4 RBI
Honorable Mention:Â Josh Hamilton,Â Robinson Cano,Â David Murphy, Wilson Betemit, Adam LaRoche, Eduardo Nunez, Nick Markakis, Yunel Escobar, Michael Brantley, Andy Dirks, Wei-Yin Chen, Kevin Correia, Henderson Alvarez, Max Scherzer, Derek Lowe
5 Bad Nights
- Bartolo Colon:Â 2.1 IP, 9 H, 7 ER, 0 K’s
- Josh Beckett:Â 2.1 IP, 7 H, 7 ER, 2 K’s
- Jason Marquis:Â 4.0 IP, 7 H, 5 ER, 2 K’s
- Robert Andino: 0-8
- Ben Zobrist:Â 0-5
Dishonorable Mention:Â Prince Fielder, Ian Desmond, Matt Wieters, Michael Young, Alfredo Aceves, Rafael Soriano, David Price, Tommy Hunter, Jim Johnson
Daily Grab Bag
Check back here for daily updates on injuries, closer battles, player news, and anything else that might affect your fantasy baseball team.
- Chris Sale
- Frank Francisco
- David Ortiz
- Heath Bell
- Trout/HarperÂ Watch:Â With two of baseballâ€™s best prospects being called-up recently, Iâ€™m going to dedicate this space to keeping tabs on the youngsters for the near future. Hereâ€™s to hoping that you were able to grab one (or both)!
Bryce Harper: Harper went 1-4 last night. (.263, 5 R, 3 RBI, 1 Steal on the season).
Mike Trout: The Angels did not play last night. (.289, 6 Runs, 1 HR, 4 RBI, 1 Steal on the season).
A quick look at some of todayâ€™s pitchers to start (3 Up), pitchers to sit (3 Down), pitchers to take a flier on if you need a spot-start (Throwing Darts), and batters with advantageous or disadvantageous matchups (Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses).
Roy HalladayÂ vs. San Diego Padres
3.28 ERA, 1.07 WHIP Â Â Better at home this year (2.57 ERA, 6 earned runs in 21 innings, .205 vs. 3.81 ERA, 12 earned runs in 28.1 innings, .241
Adam WainwrightÂ vs. Atlanta Braves
5.61 ERA, 1.28 WHIP Â coming off seven innings, seven hits, one earned run Â 34:7 K:BB ratio
Shaun MarcumÂ vs. Chicago Cubs
3.41 ERA Â 1.24 WHIP Â Â three earned runs in 14 innings against the Cubs last year (1.93 ERA)
Trevor CahillÂ vs. San Francisco Giants
3.26 ERA, 1.16 WHIP Â Â 6.55 ERA eight earned runs in 11 innings at home
Hector NoesiÂ at New York Yankees
Yankees have won five of their last seven and have scored at least four runs in all seven of those games. Â 6.30 ERA Â 1.40 WHIP Â coming off 7 innings, four hits, one run against Minnesota
Jordan ZimmermanÂ at Cincinnati Reds
4.1 innings pitched and three earned runs in Great American Ballpark last year Â allowed three runs two starts in a row
Ricky NolascoÂ vs. New York Mets
4-0, 2.72 ERA, 1.11 WHIP Â 7 innings pitched, 5 hits, one earned run against the Mets just over two weeks ago
Mark BuehrleÂ vs. New York Mets
Buehrle has really taken to the National League so far (2.83 ERA, 1.09 WHIP) and pitched well against this same Mets squad Â just under three weeks ago (7.0 IP, 5 H, 2 ER).
R.A. DickeyÂ at Florida Marlins
3.76 ERA, 1.20 WHIP Â 7 innings pitched, three hits, one earned run against the Marlins just over two weeks ago Â coming off 8 innings, four hits, one earned run
Todayâ€™s Swings and Misses
- Troy TulowitzkiÂ is 5-for-8 (.625) with two home runs in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Chris Capuano.
- Justin UptonÂ is 7-for-10 (.700) in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Madison Bumgarner.
- Adam JonesÂ is 5-for-13 (.385) in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Jeremy Hellickson.
- Adrian GonzalezÂ is 4-for-26 (.154) in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Ubaldo Jimenz.
- Alex RodriguezÂ is 3-for-18 (.167) Â in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Felix Hernandez.
- Andre EthierÂ is 1-for-8 (.125) in his career against todayâ€™s starter,Â Jamie Moyer.
Donâ€™t forget to check out the rest of the great content on FantasyPros911.com, starting with some of our most recent updates:
- Albert Lang previews today’s starting pitchers in the latest edition ofÂ Pitch or Ditch.
- Setting your pitching lineup for next week a little early? Make sure you check out Dave Shovein’s look at next week’sÂ Double StartersÂ first.
- Matthew Dewoskin tries to make sense of the closer carousel in this week’s edition ofÂ Blown Opportunities.
- Collin HagerÂ is back with his patented HVaC system toÂ adjust his top 50 rankingsÂ for all you premium subscribers. You havenâ€™tÂ subscribedÂ yet? What are you waiting for?!?
- Albert Lang gives you this week’sÂ Hot N Cold Fantasy Baseball All-stars.
- Lenny Melnick takes a look at last night’s action and dedicates some extra time to Stephen Strasburg and Jason Kipnis on today’s episode of hisÂ award-winning podcast.